St Patrick's Cathedral
St Patrick's Cathedral first
conducted services from 1851 onwards, the parish of Ballarat was
instituted in 1852.The first Parish Priest was Father Matthew
Downing,who selected in 1853 the two acres site for this church
which was granted under a crown Grant in 1855.
The style of the church is early Gothic from the era of Edward the
1st in the 13th Century.